Board Guidelines 2.0
Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:18 PM
- Technical problems with the message board?
- Contact one of the Admin
- Problems with the message board (problems with other members, board abuse)?
- Contact one of the moderating team (both Admin and Moderators)
Q: When is the band touring in my town?
A: For obvious reasons, the band cannot play every city on every tour. Starting threads and
complaining about Interpol not coming to your vicinity won’t add tour dates.
Q: Does the band read the message board?
A: Maybe…we don’t know and even if we did, we wouldn’t tell a crazy obsessed stalker like you that might possibly cook their rabbit.
Q: Can I e-mail you a letter/picture/note/file for the band?
Q: Can you get me an autograph/backstage pass?
Q: Can you get me urine/stool/semen/blood samples?
A: No, but we can refer you to a psychiatric facility, you sicko.
Q: I am a promoter/journalist. Can you put me in touch with the band?
A: No, the band can not be contacted through the message board.
Q: I have ordered an Interpol T-shirt, but I got this lousy hat. What can I do?
A: The website and the message board have nothing to do with the merchandise site.
All you can do is check http://www.bandmerch...nt=contact.html and contact Customer Service. Alternatively, you can e-mail Interpol manager. Be specific: Have your order number, credit card and any other pertinent information on hand.
Registering and posting on the message board:
Q: Do I have to register in order to be able to post?
Q: There was a thread on the board, but I can’t find it now. Where is it?
A: Perform a search. If you come up empty handed, the thread may have been:
1.) deleted by the creator of the thread
2.) accidentally erased
3.) pruned because it was too old
4.) lost due to the board crashing
Because any one of the above situations can happen, we encourage you to save any information you care to keep long-term.
Q: Can I change my username?
A: Yes; pm or email one of the moderating team with the change.
Q: Can I edit my profile?
A: Yes, you can edit your profile clicking on the “My Controls” button located on the top of each page.
Q: How do I add a signature?
A: Click on “My Controls” > “Edit Signature”.
Q: Can I have an image as my signature?
A: Yes, you can. However, you have to keep images in signatures to a suitable size (A height of approx. 150-180 pixels including both text and images).
Q: Can I search for specific posts?
A: You have to. In fact, we encourage it. You can search for specific posts using the “Search” button, located on the top of each page. We always ask people to search the forum before posting. It is likely that what you are going to post has already being discussed. If so, there is no need to start a new topic, you can simply reply to that thread. Different topics about the same subject will be merged together.
Q: Can I get email notifications when someone replies to a topic I have started?
A: Yes. All you need to do is edit your “Profile Settings” and enable that option.
Q: How can I upload an avatar/picture?
A: The board can not host images. If you desire a picture/avatar/image, you have to upload it onto an outside server and link it from there. There is no direct uploading from your computer. Make sure the image is within the specified sizes (pixels and kb size).
Q: Can I have my picture on my personal profile? How?
A: Yes, but remember: there is no direct uploading. You have to link it from an outside server.
Q: What is an outside server?
A: “photobucket.com” or “imageshack.us” are two examples of what we call an outside server. Registration is free. You can upload your pictures on those sites and then link them from there. Make sure your photo is within the specified size and be careful when copying the URL of the image.
Q: I posted an answer to a thread in a new topic. Why was it closed?
A: If you are answering one thread, you are supposed to post your answer onto the thread. Do not start a new thread just for your fair reply. It will get deleted.
Q: Is there overall censorship on the board?
A: Yes. This message board is a forum for Interpol fans to communicate. As such, we ask that you follow some rules. If you don’t, you will be banned.
- Do not post personal information about the band or the band’s families. Do not post pictures of family members, girlfriends, etc.. Any invasive information will be deleted.
Do not post personal photos stolen from personal LJ's/myspaces/etc. Posting non-press photos that don't belong to you personally is more than an invasion of privacy.
- Do not post rumours and gossip about the band.
- Do not post offensive (racist comments, open attacks, insults) comments. We do not tolerate any abuse towards other board members or moderators. We want this community to be a peaceful place. If there are any people being rude, please do not add to the problem by posting back. If anyone is harassing you, the forum is NOT to be used like some Spartacus arena: Contact a moderator, who will handle the disruptor appropriately.
- Refrain from posting off-topic comments. If you are not sure what the thread is about or what you are going to post is not worth reading, then maybe it is not worth posting at all. You should not post, unless you have something related to say. Posts and threads that do not contribute positively to the board will be deleted. This means no “I’m oh so bored”/ “What are you thinking of right now”/ “What do you do while listening to Interpol” threads. We have no desire whatsoever to peruse any of that information. MSN, ICQ, AIM, the Live Chat, the PM Service and such, exist for the purpose of engaging in stream of consciousness chitchat. If you feel the urge to tell what you had for breakfast, please use the above alternatives.
- Do not start personal threads about single users. All users should have a chance to post their comment, thus any private or exclusive thread or intercourse, be it negative or positive, will be deleted.
- Do not post “I love you Paul/Daniel/Sam/Carlos”. A.) It is stupid. B.) Interpol doesn’t read the board. C.) It will be deleted. If you’ve just got to show them how much you love them, feel free to express your love by spending exorbitant amounts of money on eBay for merch or by cutting their name(s) into your chest and flash them at a concert as an alternative.
- Please note, the Interpol General Section is for discussion of Interpol news, music, lyrics, and all Interpol releases ONLY. Posting an Interpol line or mentioning Interpol every now and then in your comments does not make the thread Interpol-related. Discussing the meaning of songs is fine, but no more “ How many MB or GB have you spent on Interpol?”/ “Interpol dreams”/ “Little things that remind you of Interpol”/ “Interpol moment”. We all hope your Interpol moment will occur, but again, we have no desire to read, “ I was taking a shower and all of a sudden the lady next door called out “Stelllllllllllla” and I felt like Interpol was there, next to me”. Such things can be discussed in the chat room or via PM.
- Please attempt to post in standard English. “++*****I fink tis board ruls and kiks arss!!!!!!!:))))))))))))******XXXXXX!!!!” comments will be deleted.
- Refrain from posting “Yes”/”No”/”Maybe”/”Cool”/”Lol” as your only response. Try to make a more substantial comment.
- Show respect for all members, including those for whom English may not be a native language. Though we cannot accommodate posts in other languages, non-native speakers are completely welcome and encouraged to participate. Respect their efforts (if you've ever been in their shoes, you know how challenging it can be to communicate in a second language). Intimidation and snobbery will not be tolerated.
- All members have got the right to communicate together in a nice environment. We do not want a few rude people messing it up. If for any reason you cannot follow these rules, just leave. Chances are that you will get banned anyway.
- Your being a long-time member of this board DOES NOT give you carte blanche to do as you please. Just try the whole “Well, I’ve been here all my life” line and see what that gets you.
- If you are a long time user who only posts about the good old days, retire and
spare the rest of us your war stories and how YOU were once "king of the hill”.
- If your entire intention is to simply annoy other members, leave before you’re banned.
No links to auctions (i.e., eBay) selling Interpol-related merchandise allowed from members who registered solely to plug said items. This is considered spam and your account will be deleted. The (non-eBay) sale of concert tickets can be sold for face value only and listed in the tickets forum here.
Images-In the interest of having a message board that people of all ages can enjoy without being subjected to content that may be considered offensive, please note the following:
1. maximum height 200 pixels, or 2 inches (signature size limit)
2. no nudity
3. no obscene/offensive/disturbing images
4. no videos (in signatures)
Q: Are the band members in a relationship?
A: That’s none of your business. Don’t even bother to ask.
Q: Where do the band members get their shoes/clothes/sunglasses/ties?
A: At some store, just like you. Don’t post such questions.
Q: Is there specific word censorship on the board?
A: For the most part, you are free to type any words within reason. Please always use common sense when posting. Keep in mind, excessive cursing or caps lock typing won't make your arguments any stronger or opinions more valid, but will only convince other users you're a douche bag.
Q: Can I post copyright material?
Q: Can I sell bootleg materials on the board?
A: No. You can, however, trade materials. Be cautious when offering trades. You are posting on a board with thousands of people.
Q: Can I sell Interpol tickets?
A: Only if they are at face value. Anyone who does otherwise will have their thread deleted and their account banned. Again, be cautious. One fan was the victim of a fraudulent user who took advantage of this service. Unfortunately we cannot monitor the validity of the posts or the honesty of the user, so that burden rests upon the buyer. Any user who knowingly posts a fraudulent item or fails to fulfil their end of the transaction will be banned from the boards.
Q: Can I post in my native language?
A: No. We already have enough of a problem moderating an English board; we cannot accommodate other languages presently. The occasional comment or finding people of your region is one thing, but entire threads dedicated to another language will be deleted since such topics cannot be properly moderated. Check non-official fan sites (there are some linked on “Links Section”), they often allow different languages. However, you can chat via Live Chat in your native language, since the Live Chat provides a number of different rooms. If you first language is Swahili and you want another room added, please PM TechMod or InterpolMOD1 and they will create it.
Q: I have just registered. Where can I introduce myself?
A: There is a Newbie thread pinned at the top of the Non-Interpol General section.
Q: Can I discuss other bands in the “General Music” Section?
A: Yes, you can discuss any music other than Interpol. However, any post that is considered self-promotion will automatically be removed.
Q: What is considered to be self-promotion?
A: Self- promotion is when you have your own band and post pm3s/lyrics/links/clips on the Interpol Message Board. Signing on solely to plug your band is not allowed.
Q: What is the Non-Interpol General Section?
A: A forum for non-Interpol and non-music related discussions. Any inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated. The section should be used for those inquiring information, not as a hang out or colloquial daily chit chat. This means no more “What is the last thing you bought?”/ “How long has your computer been on?” or any other threads that serve no purpose beyond beefing up your post count. Live Chat is for people to shoot the shit. PMs for personal messages are a 'for your eyes only' between people. The Non-Interpol General section is a privilege, which has been revoked in the past. Its addition is not secure.
Q: What is the “Links” Forum for?
A: Up until July '03, there was a “Links Section” on the message board to better help people find information. Unfortunately, when our original hosting site dropped us, all the gathered info up to that time was lost. Please submit any and all links you would like to incorporate as a way for fans to surf the net for Interpol beyond the board.
Q: I have read/heard Interpol are releasing a new CD/DVD/video/single but there is no info on the message board. Why?
A: Sometimes, fans leak information on web sites before it should be announced. Most often, though, the news is simply false rumours. When news is true, based on facts and confirmed by the band, management or the record label, the information will appear on this board. If you did not read it here, regard it as questionable.
Q: Where can I find information about Interpol live shows and set-lists?
A: There is a pinned thread in the Live Section where posted set-lists for each show are provided by fans. For more detailed information, we suggest you check http://interpol.net.ms/ , where you can find a very accurate Interpol Concert Chronology.
Q: Where can I watch Interpol video-clips?
A: On the Video Section of the main site.
Q: What sorts of photos can I post on the “Photo Section”?
A: You can place links to Interpol photos on the net, or even post your own live pics (meaning pictures of Interpol that you have taken – do not post pictures of yourself performing Interpol songs). Please, don’t keep on quoting pictures over and over again. There is no need to quote a picture and then just add a smilie. When quoting a picture – please do only if it is necessary - remember to delete the URL of the image before clicking on “Submit”. This way your post will show what picture you are referring to and we don’t have tons of quoted pictures that steal bandwidth. Please, don’t post the same pictures over and over and over again. Instead of coming up with “Sorry if this has been already posted”, take some time and check yourself. Finally, please don’t post “oh you’re so hot, I want to marry you because I love you so and you are the right man for me and I will have you one day no matter how much time it’s going to take”. Such comments are shameful for posters and readers.
Q: Can I post non-English pieces in the “Articles Section”?
A: Yes, but translating them into English would be a nice idea. When posting articles, please include a source and give credits where due. Don’t speculate over personal information released in interviews.
Q: Can I post under different usernames and pretend to be someone else?
Q: What is the “Rants & Raves” Section for?
A: If you have fully and carefully read this F.A.Q. Page and the F.A.Q. Page on the main site, if you have gone through all the old topics but you still have a question, if you can’t figure out how to enter the chat room or have technical problems with the forum, you can post it on the “Rants and Raves” Section. Please, don’t use this forum like a live chat. Don’t post pointless complaints. PM a moderator if you have any problems with specific members.
Still not clear?
Watch this: http://www.albinobla...ash/posting.php
And if that didn’t help you, please let a moderator or administrator know right away so they can do their job and prevent you from ever returning here again.
Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:22 AM
As always, leaked/copyrighted material may not be shared.
Anyone posting such material will be immediately banned.
Wait for the release date and support the 'Pol.
And on a related note:
What if I hear a song and don't know whether it is Interpol or not?
There are no "new" songs from the past that we have not heard.